Sunday, April 22, 2007

I LOVE PATAGONIA

I love Patagonia!!!!
I love patagonia. I don´t even know where to start. I´ll start at the very begining(thanks Julie Andrews).

There was a 17 hour bus ride to Patagonia, dios mio!, but that wasn´t so bad. We watched a few movies in Spanish, I had two seats to myself on our double decker bus, so I slept really well, especially since i had only slept like 1-2 hours the night before, and we arived on Saturday!

Saturday: We arive, pack ourselves into our tiiinnnyy rooms, with really neat bathrooms, and by neat i mean a normal sized half-bath, with a shower poking out of the wall. There are fotos. we unpacked, ate lunch, and went on a short caminata. We walked from our facility, around a lagoon(beautiful), and into town. Villa la Angostura was sooo beautiful. It was a little tourist town full of delicious chocolates. There were like 10 chocolate stores where the people make the chocolate infront of us. LINDA . then the bus took us all home.

Domingo: Caminata 2º, we took a boad from the town Villa la Angostura around a peninsula, then walked back to town over a hill. there were horses on the trail and I made friends with them via an apple, and it was really neat.

Lunes: lluvia(rain) y clases y el centro= we walked around downtown (one street) for a few hours.

Martes: Mas lluvia y clases. I got sick so I slept alot.

Miercoles: Mas lluvia y clases, but we went to the big city in the area (Bariloche), on the way there we climbed up the highest mountian in the near area(como 25 min.) , and had the most beautiful view of the Siete Lagos, then my camera bateries died, lame. Bariloche was very pretty, and there were even better chocolates here. there was a very swiss feeling in the city, with all kinds of stuff, like laider hosen(i know i butchered that), ect..., but that was all there was to do there. We went to a restarante elegante for a taza de té and a tostado(toasted ham and cheese sandwich, tea shop staple) and there were americans there who couldn´t read their menu, and i helped them, and they thought i was from Argentina!! yeay. If i stick to small words i don´t sound ridiculous.

Jueves: hoy Caminat 3º. SO PRETTY!!! It was raining where we were, by the lakes and the Andies, so we went 1 hour east, into a desierto, no I´m serious, 1 hour and we leave the jungle and are in a desert, where there was a little rain, and at the top of the mountian it was snowing. it was sooo pretty. And COLD. it was sooo cold. I had like 4 layers, gloves, a hat, everything, and i am a warm person!! so cold. but pretty. I have fotos. This hike was kinda far. We walked down a pretty dirt road for like 10 minutes, then the guide randomly left the road and we walked up the side of the mountian for 4 hours. There were no trails. It was hard core awsome! We saw some of the rabbit deer they have, but i didn´t get any pictues, they were the same color as the mountian. I saw several condors, SO pretty. It was overwhelmingly AMAZING.

Viernes: Caminata 4º. QUE HERMOSA ERA CAJONE NEGRO. Or should i say cajone blanca, because it was COVERED in the snow from yesterday. So amazing it was like walking around in Narnia, because we were walking around in the most beautiful forest ever, then all the sudden there was snow everywhere, snow that no one had walked on, or seen, or thought about. We started out going up pretty steep though a thick forrest, and after 1 hour we got to the waterfall, and a bunch of people went back(and missed out), becasue after the waterfall in was a decent up hill, not half so fuerte, and then we hit the snow!!! It was sooo beautiful and peaceful, no hay palabras, there are not words. (but there are fotos) At the same time many of the students on the hike were wearing running shoes, and had wet cold feet. Regardless there was alot of snowball fights ect...

Sabado: I slept till noon, walked to town, then got onto a bus for 17 hours

Domingo: I got home and wrote all this down at a locutorio

In general: The guides were SO great! Gije, Juan(i think), and Alejando. Ale was 21, pretty, could dance very well, and a pig. He embodided the Machisimo Culture here. He wouldn´t let girls walk alone place, safe places, because we might get lost, but he would let the boys go. He told me to get him juice at times, a jerk. At the same time he was LOTS of fun to dance with, because he was a very strong leader, I didnt know how to do anything, and he just threw me around, very fun. He danced with all the girls here at least once(very nice), but he picked like 3 girlfriends he spent most of his time with (not me, claro). One girl here is a profesional dancer, and he taught her the Argentine Tango, and it was really neat to watch them. They also knew how to Merainge(claro), salsa, rumba, and they both did the twist AWSOME, very pulp fiction.
Gije was SO sweet. he was like a 15 year old in a 33 year olds body!! he had a guitar and played Imagine for us, and twist and shout, and lots of Argentine clasics ¨samba de su salma¨ or something like that, and during the Caminatas i taught him english and he taught me castillan(spanish), and it was sooo great. ok this has been too long.

There is another post about Jeff´s tooth below this one.

-Pam

ps, has anyone else noticed my english deteriourating. Especially my spelling....

pss, I will try to put up fotos today or tomorrow.

No comments: