Thursday, April 5, 2007

Simana º 2
Hey there kidds! how are things State-side? I have learned here many times that i can´t say ¨how are things in America?¨ because here in Argentina I am still in America, and this is an awesome bit of america.
So some clarifications on my family, i have two host brothers and a host brother-in-law, one named ¨Titi¨ is still correct, but the other brother is named Mati, I cannot at the moment remember my host brother in laws name, but Luhan in my host sister. Mati was vacationing in Buenos Aires, and lives in the house with us, which i foundout today has an outdoor kitchen and several bathrooms(?) for the pool(?) ...there is no pool, but i didn´t ask, cuz after he said picina there were several words I didn´t understand. He was out cooking like 20 pollos worth of giblets for the perros, i hope they like liver more than meee.
I love the mate, it is so good. The way it works it there is a small cup, with a straw that has a filter at one end, the cup is filled with herbs, the boiling water, and you just drink the tea that way, it is sooo good. My host mom and I, and frequently others, just pass the cup around, drinking it, then filling it up. This weekend we all went adventuring in the Andies, we had a choice we could either go horseridding or hiking, I rode the horses. While we were waiting for them to saddle the horses i hung out with the people in the kitchen and talked(or tried) and passed around the mate. After the horseridding we all went rafting in Rio Mendoza, and it was quite cold, we were all in wet suits and it was awsome!! I want to raft more.
Well the busses here are a little more crazy than I had thought, one crashed that had several
students on it, none of them were hurt but the dude standing in the doorway got thrown out and broke some ribs ect. PELEGROSO.
Well now it´s time for tea,
Catch you all later
Paméla

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Pam! It is Easter tomorrow and we will miss you! But you will get to have Easter in a foreign country and that will be really interesting! I am working on a paper for my communications class and I don't like to write papers so I decided to write to you instead! But nothing is new here. hmmmm. Oh, the vet says that little red puppy has a heart murmur. It may go away as he matures. We are waiting to see. The vet wants to see him in about 2 weeks. The puppies are all over at Amy's now and I miss them but I am so busy that I am mostly really glad that they are not here. Erica (horse girl, not Kercher) came over a couple of times last week and played with the horses and filly is looking thin again...Dang horse! Ummm...Well, Oh, I went to Marine World yesterday with Amy and her boys and Chris, Dan, Tom, Brandon (Toms friend) and Jules. You know how much I love that park! Not! but it was fun to see it with Amy and her boys and I think Jules had fun too. I never saw the big boys until we left the park when it closed but they said that they had fun... Well, Happy Easter. I love you. Return with Honor! :) Love, Mom