Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jeffs Tooth

So I feel Jeff´s tooth deserves a better post than that, so here is my official police report.

A man named Charles was very drunk and molesting girls. My two friends Jeff and Marta aproached me wanting to leave the club, I did not know why, but i got another friend, Aliana, who was dancing with a boy named Patric, and we were all going to go catch two cabs. Patric brought Charles, who is generally agreable, and we all left the club and went down the stairs in front of the club, when we realized that someone else wasn´t with us, Patric went back to get him. While Patric was in the club, Marta and Charles began to argue and push, Marta was advancing on Charles telling him not to touch her like that, that is was disrespectful to women. Charles responded to this coments with violent gestures, but I didn´t hear what he really said. When Patric returned he began to hold Charles back as Charles was now trying to go towards Marta and Jeff. He looked like he wanted to attack them. Jeff had said something like ¨Cool down¨, or ¨lets go¨. Aliana was between Marta and Charles, and I was standing back. Jeff walked foward to direct the two other boys into a cab. He approached Charles, then flew backwards very fast, and fell onto is back. When I helped him up he was bleeding alot, and missing a tooth. Charles left imidiatlly and caught a cab, leaving Marta, Jeff, Patric, Alina, and I. We all caught a cab and went to the hospital.

My account is a little scattered becasue I didn´t want to be involved in what I thought was just a lot of drama, because I wasn´t a part of it at all. Charles was leaving me alone, and I didn´t want to jump into someone elses argument. But it turned out to be an adventure, so the friend Alina is from Argentina, and is also very nice, and she took us all to the hospital in a taxi, she is the daughter of one of the program directors, and is fluent in both English and Spanish. So she took us to the ER, where the doctor pretty much gave Jeff and ice pack and told him to go to a dentist in the morning then Alina´s mom, Samia, showed up and drove us all home.


-Pam

ps, it is true 4 am is late, but here it is not as late as in the states. Dinner is at 10 or 11. Everyone takes a 2-4 hour nap in the middle of the day. stores are closed from about 1 to about 4-5. Just to put it in perspective

No comments: