We went to the zoo! It was soo neat, and sad. It was neat becasue the animals were moving around and interacting with each other and us, it was sad because they were moving around becasue their cages were so small. It was huge! they had sooo many animals. I got spit on by a juanaco, probably spelled wronge. GRose, and I was meeting a friend to go shopping right after the zoo, so I had to spend the day with janaco spit, EWW. The cages for the animals were very close to people. They were designed only to keep animals in, not people out, so if I wanted I could have climbed in with most of them, lions included. There is a foto of me with my feet haning over the side of the cage. CRAZY. There was a car alarm going off every now and then, and that set off the Tiger, who set off the 10-ish lions, it was really neat.
So there were monkeys in the trees around the zoo, just chillin´, a lady who was walking around the zoo-circle the same time as us had a bag of cookies, and was feeding all the animals. Christina gave me one to feed a monkey. I fed a MONKEY! they were SO cute. The Caged monkeys were semi-fighting for the cookies, and the bears did tricks. It was neat-o.
Anyhoo, neat Mendoza information:
-There is a bum who sleeps on my porch, my family told me he was crazy, but not dangerous, sooooo when I come home late it is always a surprise when the porch light turns on and there he is, staring at me...
-People here don´t wear hoodies, which is half my wardrobe, so i had to buy sweaters, nice looking ones because everyone here always looks nice, and if you are reading this you probably know that I generally don´t look very nice i.e. pajamas and a hoodie.
-Pajama pants are not to be found here, so sad. Sweat pants, workout pants, dance pants, yes, but true flanal pajams, no. SO SAD, cuz i didn´t bring any.
-Shops all close between 1 and 5 for ciesta.
-A steak dinner costs less than a Happy Meal (Cajita Feliz)
-If I am going out to do something alone, or new my mom points at her eye and says ¨ojo¨ meaning, be careful.
-People nurse their babies on the bus. Nursing in public is completly socially aceptable, as it should be.
-Ice Cream shops here are like Starbucks in the US. In frequency, not tastieness
-Ice Cream here rocks.
speaking of ice cream, time to go get some...
ciao
-Paméla
ps, there are fotos of the zoo up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dang lady it is pretty there. nice monkey!! I want to go to patagonia.. we should go. I will make circumpolar current jokes, it'll be sweet. Give me an address for you, I have somethin for ya!
love you,
erika
Post a Comment